Oshilene
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all of us TEF-players!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guide time!!(PWI)

Go down 

Was this helpful?
YESH!!
Guide time!!(PWI) Vote_lcap67%Guide time!!(PWI) Vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Nah d:
Guide time!!(PWI) Vote_lcap0%Guide time!!(PWI) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Kinda
Guide time!!(PWI) Vote_lcap33%Guide time!!(PWI) Vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
IDK what ur talking about o.O
Guide time!!(PWI) Vote_lcap0%Guide time!!(PWI) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Rishawyn
Admin
Rishawyn

Character sheet
1: Rinta
2: Pejgolt

Guide time!!(PWI) Empty
PostSubject: Guide time!!(PWI)   Guide time!!(PWI) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:22 am

GUIDES
WARNING!!this thing is HUGE!!
PLEASE!don't post hire.only vote the poll.all the posts will be deleted!!
PT.1 is BM - PT.2 is BM2 - PT.3 is WIZ - PT.4 is Barb - PT.5 is Veno - PT.6 is Veno2 - PT.7 is Clc - PT.8 is Arc - PT.9 is Arc2 - PT.10 (final) is other guides
...PT.1

Blademaster

lright this guide has pretty much everything you need to know to build a strong pvp warrior there is one thing though that I can't teach you that separates the terrible warriors from the good ones, it’s an ability called: having a brain. As a warrior you need to be aware of your surrounding and you need to know what your role really is, I can’t stress enough how important knowing what your role is, I’ve seen countless warriors, high level ones too, focusing heavy armor users or going for the wrong targets. Also this guide is mainly focused on axe warrior as this is the weapon that I use but I also used other weapons in the past and if you're using another weapon there is still some valuable information you can learn from the guide. This is the first guide that I write so obviously it aint perfect and only you can help me make it better, I got tired of reading all the non-sense that some people seem to spread in the warrior section of the forums so I figured I'd write a guide to put a end to the crap being said. So here it goes…

This section is for the terms I'll be using in this guide that I feel you may not understand so I'll provide a little description of what they mean.

DPS: Damage per second
Spike Damage: highest damage possible in one hit
Mass PvP: means group pvp where a decent amount or a lot of people are involved.
Duel: When you right click on the person and click duel and they accept, different from pvp for various reasons one major being that there is no hiero/charm involved.
TW: Territory War
EP or Elven Priest: MY name of Cleric
WF or Werefox: MY name of Venomancer
WB or Werebeast: MY name of Barbarian
WR or Warrior: MY name of Blademaster (blademaster sounds lame imo).

The Armor Type

This one is really easy to understand: it’s heavy armor and nothing else. There is no reason why you would chose light over heavy as a warrior it just makes you squishy like an archer and magic still hurts you. Moreover the people that will actually target you will prob just laugh as you as MG's magic, WF's magic doesn't miss and archer have a pretty good accuracy. So if you're light armor, enjoy being raped over and over again then maybe you will understand that you need to go Heavy Armor.

Shards for your armor : HP, HP and HP. When you feel you have a really confortable amount of HP at higher level(90+) then you can actually throw in mdef stones for more survivability. ( Your magic sutra + EP mdef buff with those shards will give you quite a nice boost in mdef)

Weapon Choice
Axe: This is the most popular weapon choice for WR as it provides high spike damage, AOEs and your famous STUNS. Axes makes your leveling decent and make you a force to reckon with in pvp as you will hit relatively hard and your stuns are ANNOYING. If you do it right you can prevent your target to move for roughly 15s. That's enough for anyone to die. This guide is mostly dedicated to this weapon ( obviously ). There is a false rumor that says that Axe warriors have terrible accuracy. That is so wrong, this is uniquely dependent of your gear and your stat build.

Spear : This is another good pvp weapon choice as it provides extra range something that Axe lacks and that sometimes makes life hell for you especially in the air unless you can afford a fully upgraded flying mount. The weapon damage is lesser but the skill damage is higher and if you ever put your hands on a berserk spear you will hurt as hell.

Sword : I'm not really a fan of the sword warriors and I haven't really played one at all, I mostly believe that it's a PVE build and the only time they actually have an edge in pvp compared to other weapons is when they 1v1 against another melee.

Fist: PVE weapon. Most people do hate them because of their low damage but you need to understand your role. You are not a pvp class. As a fist warrior you are a pve beast, not in lower levels but in high levels your grinding ability is on par if not higher than Werefox because your DPS is insane. You shine in HH because you have this ability to cancel channeling spell with your shadowless kick. If you’re good with timings your tank will love you because what hurts them the most is the magic attacks and your skill allows you to cancel 1 out of 2 spell most of the time (they can cancel the other one themselves, basically if you and your tank have good communication and timing you can prevent the boss from launching any magic attack). As I said their DPS is very good which makes them decent at duels because there is no hiero involved. The reason why they suck @ pvp in general is because they have absolutely no spike damage therefore they can hardly ever kill their target before the hiero ticks again and because people won't tank you they'll just fly / kite you away and you can't really do anything about it because you can't stunlock.

Shards : accuracy, as high grade as you can afford. You never have too much accuracy.

Stats

As an axe warrior, there is 2 path you can follow : either vit build or dex build. Vit build will make your life grinding easier and you will be one hard bish to kill in TW while dex build will give you more accuracy/dmg/evasion which will make you a damn powerhouse endgame.

Vit build

Str : dual axe req

Dex : dual axe req

Vit : rest

Mag : 3

Dex Build

Str : Dual axe req

Dex : everything else

Vit : 50-60

Mag : 3

When you reach 99 or if youre 90 and you have godlike gear with like 8-9k hp unbuffed then well you can afford putting your vit back to 30 or less and dumping the points into dex for more crit/accuracy. Make sure your dex is a multiple of 20 if you do that tho, any extra points wouldn't make such a big difference.

Equipment

This is the gear you should be looking foward to get and the level requirement of each item.

Weapon :

- Calamity Axes of Blood Also known as XS or Xue Sha. Level 70 axes from FB69 with the berserk effect. The berserk effect will grant you the potential spike damage that you need to kill people through your stunlock. This weapon will last you till 90~ish if you choose to at least +4-5 it and put some decent accuracy stones in it

- Calloused Lionheart Hatchets also known as GX or Gang Xin. Level 90 gold axes from HH(Holy Halls or TT(Twilight Temple -> I hate that name so much)). That's pretty much the endgame weapon for a warrior and if you ever get it, then grats because it's rare as hell and hard to get... make sure you +it as much as you can.

- Star Axes, HH90 green axes, for those who can't get GX.. this is your 2nd option. Don't be too sad though because the Star Axes are actually amazing with the Gloom effect. Fairly weaker than GX but much stronger than XS.

Armor :

- Whatever you can get your hands on... FB79 top/leg molds or hh80 gold set if you're rich then hh90 green set.

Helm :

- Whatever you can get as long as it has decent bonus and a fair amount of base HP, + it a little and put some hp stones in those sockets. It should boost your hp quite a lot

Rings :

- Misty Forest Ring also known as Ling Yun, this is the FB79 mold ring. It's a MUST-HAVE for a warrior, boost your base accuracy by 50% which is quite a lot. Really a must have if you ever want to hit archers.

- Ring of Mastadon's Strength also known as Behemoth ring. HH90 gold ring, 30% accuracy , 2% crit. It's a pretty damn good ring for a warrior but it's also hard to get as obviously everyone wants one. Until you get it though, you can use some 2% crit ring like the ring of heavenly lord or some ring with some accuracy bonus.

Necklace :

- Swindler's Necklace also known has Humbug, this is the hh90 gold necklace with a wooping 5% hp bonus and really good mdef stats. Like the behemoth ring it's fairly hard to get so until then try finding some necklace with decent mdef stats and possibly some +hp bonus.

Belt :

- Demon Slaughter Belt, fb89 belt, it's a pretty good belt with high mdef stats. Until then, just try finding any belt with as high as possible mdef stats and hopefully some +hp bonus.

Cape :

- Cape of Tauran Chieftain, also a MUST HAVE for a warrior, gives a nice +250 mdef bonus. FB69 cape fairly expensive but it's really worth it.

Skills

Tiger Maw - Leave it at level 1, don't bother leveling it any further until level 89+. The damage is crap and it's really not worth it. At level 89 though, you may consider leveling it more if you can get the hell/heaven book because then the skill gets a nice boost in damage and it could be used and included as a skill you spamm between the time you chain your stuns.

Draw Blood - Optional. Useful if you're killing mobs 1by1 or in duels.

Stream Strike - useless, leave it at level 1.

Aeolian Blade- MAX, decent damage and a 50% chance 3sec stun. This skills allows you to stunlock your target.

Drake's Ray - MAX, your only ranged skill as a axe warrior, deals "decent damage" really good finisher if you're target is running away.

Aura of the Golden Bell - MAX, this your awesome pdef buff.

Roar of the Pride - MAX, This is, oh baby, your awesome aoe stun. This is the skill that makes you annoying as hell and makes everyone want to personally kill you. Causes madness in Territory Wars.

Tiger Leap/Leap Back - MAX those when you have the extra SP/Money. These skills are REALLY useful in TW to get out of tricky situations / avoid stuns, for fights in the water ( really makes you faster than swimming) you're actually as fast in the water with those leaps as a WB swimming which makes you perfect for catching up people swimming away.

Ocean's Edge - Level 1, just enough so you can use the slow effect if needed.

Fan of Flames - MAX, when you have the extra SP/Money, don't make it your priority thought. Deals decent damage and it's a QUICK skill, by this I mean it takes close to no time to cast which makes it a really good skill to chain between stuns.

Drake Sweep - MAX, amazing aoe, you will use it A LOT. This is the skill you need to lure in Zhens and it's damage is pretty damn good too which makes it a very good skill to use to chain between your stuns.

Drake Bash - MAX, this is your strongest single target skill as well as a really reliable stun. Cost 1 spark but it's REALLY worth it.

Highland Cleave - MAX, this is your strongest AOE, you will also use it a lot. Really good damage.

Fissure - MAX, decent AOE that slows down your opponent, don't make this your priority though, get a few levels and focus on your other main skills and then max it eventually.

Axe & Hammer Mastery - MAX as fast as possible, obviously I don't think I need to type a long description for this skill.

Heaven's Flame - MAX This is what defines you as an Axe warrior, this is your signature, your "Hasta la vista baby" skill. Deals decent damage as well as fire damage and it amplifie all the damage received by the targets under the effect of this skill by 50 to 100%. This will make killing boss and mobs much quicker. You will abuse it in your AOE leveling. Just an important note, try not using it on single targets, I've seen many warriors do it and it's the most useless thing ever as most of the times you would kill them just as fast with a simple stun lock and you would save a lot of vigor allowing you to score more kills/ save your team mates. The only situations where it would be wise to use on a single target is when you're trying to kill someone with a lot of HP such as a WB or another WR, where a wizard or an archer could really benifit from it and finish the target off.

Cloud Sprint - MAX, this is your sprint allows you to get in the fight and outside the fight faster as you are usually damn freaking slow.

Will of the Bodhisatva - MAX, same thing as Cloud Sprint except that it makes you immune to movement debuffs for the duration of the skill. Really useful in TWs to drop your roar/dragon/aoe combo. Also useful in the air( the speed boost doesn't work in the air but the movement debuff immunity does) against Clerics and Archers that could try to stun/pralyse you to stop you from raping their faces.

Diamond Sutra - Level it gradually, can save your life and allow your hiero to tick again in hardcore situations

Alter Marrow Magical - Level 5-6, Don't level it any further. It will give you a nice boost in mdef while leaving your pdef in a more than resonable state. You can spam it to gain vigor as you fight as well.

Alter Marrow Physical - MAX, This is a PVE skill though, or a skill for 1v1 against WB and other WRs. DO NOT and I repeat, DO NOT use this skill in other situations / mass pvp as it makes your magic resistances close to nothing and makes you pretty much a one shot for every other class. It's only purpose would be to gain vigor but make you sure you the magica sutra AFTER so you're not stuck with pityful resists.

...on to PT.2

Last edited by Rishawyn on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rishawyn
Admin
Rishawyn

Character sheet

Guide time!!(PWI) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guide time!!(PWI)   Guide time!!(PWI) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:23 am

...PT.2

Stunlocking

This is one of the main thing that makes you a good axe warrior or an awful one, I'll try to be as clear as possible as how you can achieve stunlocking but this is something that comes with experience and timing. What is stunlocking? Stunlocking is the ability that you have from the axe warrior skill tree to literally "lock" your target from moving for a set amount of time... about 15 seconds(pre-Hell WR 99 skills) if you're a bit lucky and do it properly.

There are two ways you can stunlock someone : the first way would be to stun, and using your quick reflexes to use your 2nd stun as you see the "stun" effect on your target buff bar fade. The 2nd way would be to figure your own set combo of skills which will perfectly be timed as to when you press your 2nd stun key, the stun effect will fade which will provoke an immediate stun lock. The first one is probably the less effective one as any lag or decreased reflexes ( hello beer or been up for 24+ hours status) will most likely make you fail your stunlock. The first one is still very important to master because sometimes you won't be the first one stunning which means that your combo will then not work so you will need to time your stun accordingly to the type of stun that was landed on your target. It seems very complicated but I'll try to be as clear as possible and remember that practice makes you perfect. I'll call them "Timed stunlocking" and "Combo stunlocking" respectively.

As you probably already know by now, you have 3 stuns ( Drake Bash, Roar of the Pride and Aeolian Blade). Only 2 of them are reliable though : Drake bash and Roar of the Pride. You should never use Aeolian Blade as your first stun as it is not reliable, that skills is meant to close to stunlock loop and to deal some decent damage, nothing else. I suggest using roar instead of bash vs Archers as your first skill, if you're not confident with your accuracy as it rarely ever miss.

Timed Stunlocking

WF stun : Depending how far you are from the target, if you're really close to it : land a quick damage skill then stun right after. If you're a bit farther stun immediately.

Archer stun : If youre close : 2 quick skills, if you're far : 1 then re-stun.

WR stun : Those are the same stuns as your, you should know the timing.

EP Sleep : Just take your time to get close to the target and land 1 good stun and start your stunlock machine.

It's really all about timing and experience, the more you encounter these situations the better you will be at adapting your timing to the different stuns, this is what will make you an amazing warrior compared to a terrible one.

Combo Stunlocking

This one is very simple and it is probably the best and easiest way to achieve stun locking but it only works with WR stuns. You need to figure out a pattern of skills that you can chain to provoke the chain stunning. PRE-89 my pattern was something like this :

Drake Bash - Drake Sweep - Fan of Flames - Drake's Ray - Roar of the Pride - Highland Cleave - Fissure - Aeolian Blade

That skill pattern allowed me to keep my targets from moving forever, as long as Aeolian Blade landed. I put the stuns into Magenta/Pink so you see how I chain them and because being stunlocked is really gay, people will hate you forever which is awesome for you. Now my pattern has changed a bit but it's still pretty much the same, if you're not comfortable with one, you can always figure out your own... either try on mobs, on some friend in duel or by just trying non-stop in your hardcore pvper life.

This should sum it up, if you feel something isn't clear let me know I'll try to explain it better. Have fun pissing people off.

Hell vs Heaven

This is usually everyone's biggest concern as they get closer to the famous level 89 spot. Which side to choose. Remember once you made your choice there is no coming back. Both side have pro's and con's, there isn't really one that is "Better" it's just a matter of preference. I'll list the useful axe warriors skills (basically all the skills I've described earlier) and the effect of hell and heaven on each one of them, and what I think is better and why.

Tiger Maw

Heaven : gives a 25% chance to regain 20 Chi.
Hell : reduces channel and cast times by 0.1 seconds.

I'd have to give the advantage to heaven on that one.. warriors are Chi dependent. The hell version is still alright if you're a timing freak tho.

Draw Blood

Heaven : increases bleeding damage by 15%. ( 5477 over 15 seconds)
Hell : reduces bleeding duration to 12 seconds. (4676 over 12 seconds)

Hell has that one, much better DPS.

Aeolian Blade

Heaven : increases damage bonus to 180%.
Hell : reduces cooldown to 5 seconds.

The heaven version gives a sweet damage increase. While hell reduces the cooldown from 6 to 5 seconds. That one could go either way, I personally never use Aeolian Blade for it's damage, it's mostly the last skill in my stun lock loop because it's not so reliable.

Aura of the Golden Bell

Heaven : grants always grants an extra 90% physical defense.
Hell : gives a 75% physical defense bonus for 15 seconds.

There is a common misconception about the hell version of this skill. The Heaven version grants you 90% pdef for like 30 mins. While the hell version grants you 75 % pdef and another extra 75% pdef for 15 sec (and not simply 75% pdef like most people think). To sum it up the Heaven version of the buff is better unless you're willing to spam the buff every 15 second. Which could seem stupid, but there is actually an effective combo I'm going to talk about later.

Roar of the Pride :

Heaven : reduces Chi cost by 10.
Hell : cooldown reduced by 1 second and always succeeds.

The chi reduction is cool, because the stun can be costly in vigor if you use it a lot. Heaven would actually make it so that if you spam your both sutra, you pretty much just recovered 3/4 of the chi you used. The hell version is nice too, the -1 second cooldown allows you to recover faster (useful for 1v1s) and it never misses ( nice for TWs). Roar never seems to miss, but after being in several TWs I have noticed that the more people you stun, the higher chance that some people won't be stunned in that aoe is. Basically if you stun let's stay 10-15 people, the stun might fail on maybe like 2-3 players.

Drake's Ray

Heaven : reduces cooldown by 1 second.
Hell : increases range by 2 meters.

self-explanatory, Hell has the edge on that one.. WRs need RANGE. The -1second cooldown is still nice if you tend to use it a lot.

Ocean's Edge

Heaven : 20% a chance to freeze the enemy for 3 seconds.
Hell : damage increase by 800.

The heaven version is quite nice because it gives you another skill to expdand your stunlocking, the only problem is that it's 20% so it's kinda unreliable. As for the hell version, I'm not a huge fan of "damage increase by" because it gets reduced anyways but still 800 is a "decent" boost. I'm qualify the skill usage as the following : if you want to use it to keep on your stunlock : heaven, if you want to use it between your stuns for damage : hell

Fan of Flames

Heaven : decreases cooldown to 6 seconds
Hell : doubles range of the spray damage

self-explanatory, the heaven version is nice if you're using the skill in your combo between your stun for stunlock, grants you the possibility to maybe throw an extra skill for damage. Hell would be amazing for TWs and Grinding.

Drake Sweep

Heaven : damage increase by 500
Hell : 20% chance to gain 30 vigor point when struck the enemy.

As I said earlier I'm not a huge fan of the "increased damage by " . The 20% change to regain 30 vigor is nice tho.

Alter Marrow Magical

Heaven : Magic defense gain from equipment increase to 180%
Hell : Only reduce 90% of physical defense from the equipment defense value.

I don't like the heaven version of this skill because it gimps your pdef WAY too much. The hell version is amazing tho. 150% mdef increase, 90% pdef decrease. The little combo I was talking about earlier comes here. The sutra last for 30 seconds. If you spam your pdef buff twice during that 30 secon. You get wooping mdef and pdef boost. In other words your mdef goes skyhigh will still having a more than decent pdef.

Alter Marrow Physical

Heaven : defense gain from equipment increase to 180%.
Hell : Only reduce 90% of magical defense from the equipment defense value.

Only used for 1v1 against wr/wb skill and PVE. So the heaven version would be better.

Diamond Sutra

Heaven : 20% chance to recover an addtional 50% HP
Hell : gives a 10% increase to critical hit rate for 15 seconds.

I'm not sure if the % crit increases works like Highland cleave, if it does then the hell version would be awesome if not then well the heaven version is still pretty good.

Drake Bash

Heaven : 25% chance to cast without using Spark
Hell : extends stun time by 1.5 seconds.

Heaven gives you a chance to save that previous spark, hell makes your stun even more devastating.. boosting it to a wooping 7.5s total stun.

Highland Cleave

Heaven : gives a 25% chance to increase critical hit rate by 20% for 10 seconds.
Hell : gives a 20% chance to increase attack rate by 25% for 10 seconds.

self-explanatory, forced to admit that the heaven version of this skill is freaking nice. ( Basically it's yourcurrentcrit + ( yourcurrentcrit * 20%))

Fissure

Heaven : version reduces enemies Fire resistance by 30%.
Hell : version increases slow effect to 65%

Heaven can be good if used in combo with dragon and a Wizard ulti. Hell is awesome against Hell WF that tend to use that nifty sprint skill that makes them run faster than F1's.

Heaven's Flame

Heaven : increases Fire damage to 2000 over 6 seconds
Hell : increases damage over time to 100% of damage taken and increases duration to 9 seconds.

That one goes to hell. That's a 33,333_ % duration increase, it's rather badass.

Axe & Hammer Mastery

Heaven : increases damage by 90%
Hell : increases damage by 75% and gives 1% crit

This one goes to heaven, 90% dmg is a lot, the hell version still isn't too shabby but I still think heaven has the edge on that one.

...on to PT.3
Back to top Go down
Rishawyn
Admin
Rishawyn

Character sheet

Guide time!!(PWI) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guide time!!(PWI)   Guide time!!(PWI) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:25 am

Back to top Go down
Rishawyn
Admin
Rishawyn

Character sheet

Guide time!!(PWI) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guide time!!(PWI)   Guide time!!(PWI) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:26 am

...PT.4
Barbarian

I. Pros and Cons
II. Attributes
-A. How each stat affects your other attributes
-B. How much Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, and Magic does a Barbarian need?
III. Main Stat Builds
-A. Str-Based Damage Dealer
-B. Hybrid
-C. Tanker (Recommended Build)
IV. Equipment
-A. Accuracy Rings and Soul Gems
-B. Gear Requirements for Dual Axes and Heavy Armor
V. Skills
-A. Which Skills to Learn
-B. Sage or Demon Path at level 89?
-C. Tips on Using Skills
----1. Tanking
----2. Training
----3. PVPing
VI. Additional Tips - Read if you dare!
-A. In-depth guide to Tanking - a Barbarian's #1 role in PVE
-B. Tanking Magic Bosses - Use Alacrity of the Beast To Cancel Their Ultimate Attack

Background Info:
Barbarians (also known as Werebeasts in other versions)
Attack Type/Range: Physical/Close Range
Specializes in: axes and hammers
Parties need you for: tanking. DO NOT play this class if you’re looking for a melee damage dealer but don’t like tanking. Be a Blademaster instead

Go here for skill descriptions
http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php

Barbarian/Werebeast Guides I used so far:
Teichen's Hybrid WB Guide [focus on Armageddon dmg] – looks more like a tank build IMO though
IamNobita's Path to the Ultimate WEREBEAST – focuses on which skills to max first
xkwisite's Tanker Barbarian Guide - about the usage of skills and being in a party

I. Pros and Cons really depend on your build/gear, but here are the overall assumptions.
Pros:
High HP
High HP Recovery Rate
Good Physical Defense
Skills to help keep aggro/hate of monsters
Best Tank / Wanted in Parties
Catapult Pullers = Essential in Territory Wars
Great damage at endgame
Cons:
Low accuracy(due to low DEX in most builds. Can be solved at later levels with the skill Blood Bath, as well as +50% accuracy rings (Lv. 77?))
Low damage in the beginning/mid levels
Low Magic Defense
High repair cost
High potion/charm cost
Requires patience. Many give up before reaching lv 89+ due to high costs & other classes excelling more in terms of damage. (Barbarians rock at endgame though)

II. Attributes

A. How each stat affects your other attributes
Strength (+4 Str adds +1 DEF; +6 Str adds +4 DEF)
increases attack power for melee weapon
increases physical defense
Armor stat requirement: Usually 0.5 STR every level for magic robes, 1 STR for light armors, and 2.5 STR for heavy armors.

Dexterity (+1 Dex = Accuracy +8 and Evasion +8 )
increases attack power for range weapon
increases evasion
increases accuracy
increases critical hit rate (Every 20 DEX gives 1% more critical hit rate)
Armor stat requirement: Usually 1 DEX every level for light armors, 0.5 DEX for heavy armors, and of course 0 for magic robes.

Vitality (+1 Vit = Max HP +17)
increases physical defense
increases magic defense
increases HP
increases HP regeneration rate (NOTE: HP regen is reduced by 75% when in combat mode)

Magic (+1 Mag = Max MP +7)
increases magic attack power
increases magic defense
increases MP
increases MP regeneration rate (NOTE: MP regen is reduced by 75% when in combat mode)

Lv Up Bonus: Max HP +34, Max MP +14

B. How much Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, and Magic does a Barbarian need?
The amount of Strength in any build is simply the latest axe/hammer requirement for your level, nothing more & nothing less. There's no point adding more Str than necessary because the Str requirement of axes/hammers are already so high, that you'll barely have enough points to put in other stats.

I recommend adding at least 1 Dexterity every 2 levels until you get 60 Dex no matter what build (if you have great accuracy/Dex gear though, just stop at around 50 Dex).
And remember, try to keep Dex in terms of 20s (+20 Dex = +1% critical hit rate). Most Barbarians try to have only 62, 80, or 104 Dex endgame; depending on your gears. 62 Dex is the heavy armor requirement for Lv 105; 104 Dex is the last light armor requirement.
80 Dex is the max you should have unless you’re going for a pure PK build, then maybe around 104 Dex. Anymore than that is a waste.

Add as much points in Vitality as you can (after all, more Vit = a better tank, which is the whole purpose of a Barbarian. Also, more HP = higher Armageddon damage -> more dead people).

Barbarian builds do not add any Magic. Why? Because Barbarians don’t have any magic attacks and the magic defense you get from Mag is too little; you might as well add those points to Vit instead. Don't raise your Magic for MP either. MP can easily be recovered with MP potions and charms
...on to PT.5

Last edited by Rishawyn on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rishawyn
Admin
Rishawyn

Character sheet

Guide time!!(PWI) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guide time!!(PWI)   Guide time!!(PWI) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:28 am

...PT.5

Venomancer

Table of content:
I. Small Venomancer explanation and armours.
II. Venomancers in PW and how to lure
III. Tabs (Fbs) and HH for those that don’t know what it is
IV. Screen explanation for really new people (extra)
V. Venomancers flying
VI. Small "you and your pet" info and your skills for pet (healing, taming, etc)
VII. Skills
o Mage
o Werefox
o + Ideas about how to use 3 veno skills for hp and mp.

VIII. Pet info. Rare pets, legendary pets, normal pets.

I. Venomancer explantion and armours.
First of all, Venomancers are said to be the most flexible race.
Coins love veno’s pockets. Venomancers gather fast money at grinding. To this, it helps the ability to easily solo at PvE. This is the only race that can actually lure and solo most bosses. I’ve seen archers lure, but that doesn’t always work -.-‘

For the new people: the best thing to do if you’re a veno is starting using robes. Believe me, not good idea to start with heavy armour if you don’t want your build to get crewed up and spend gold buying reset scrolls. Don’t look at the high physical defense of heavy armour, because is tempting. If you start with heavy like I did when I was a plus infinite noob, you would want to have more points to put in mag and get annoyed by the fact that you can’t use your level weapons; this especially if you are poor or like to waste money. I’m not getting inside heavy armour venos, but here is a good guide for being one, but it seems to only work if you are lvl70+: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=198681

Venomancers have low physical defence and not a great amount of HP, so they depend on their pets to be the tanks; is a good combination: Veno has pet, pet holds aggro; veno makes most damage, mob dies. Your HP doesn’t goes down and is happiness ^^ good pet.
I won’t enter into the distribution of the attribute points. I’ll say, you just need to have in mind your next lvl armour and weapon; how much magic you will need, how much dexterity and how much strength. Don’t focus in vitality too much. If you will be a robe user, is better to focus in magic.
In the end, it all depends in the way you play. I just think, the faster I kill the mob, it can’t reach me or kill the pet because I forget to heal it. And yes, lots of venos forget to heal the pet -.- it happens, so I focused in mag after having 60 points of strength because of my screwed up build >.<
A heavy armour fox has enough magic to mix heavy and arcane armour. With the right mix of heavy and arcane, you can get better physical def. and mag. def than light armour alone. I have a veno friend that uses light armour, she says light armour offers the best of both worlds: longer survability plus the magic attack isn’t lowered that much. Also the critical hit percentage increases. Robes have best magical defense and lower physical defense.
Before an imbue of a soulgem into a weapon or armour, seriously, remember to unequip the thing >.> it wont work if you have it on. Well, if you can afford them: just get some stones and imbue them to your stuff to get better physical defense or w/e you lack -.o .there’s always a trick for better armour and weapons including adding sockets to your stuff with socket stones : p

II. Venomancers in PW and how to lure.

Venomancer’s role is to lure; and with bosses, to keep them debuffed. A simple example is: inside secret passage, fb29 requires a veno to lure the boss Quinzi from a room with 6 mini bosses. What is better? Massacre or pull the boss out and kill it. Ok, I’m guessing this is obvious.

If you want to lure a certain mob from a bunch of mobs that aggro, it works like this:
summon pet, send pet to attack. When the pet strikes a hit, unsummon pet, run back and summon pet back and quickly send pet to attack.

Make sure you aren’t inside the group of mobs or else you will get aggro from the mobs and get killed and also don’t stay too far or the mob might not move from his place.
There’s also another nice way of luring 2 mobs at a time and is better using a tank pet and this tactic is very nice for Fbs.
Is the same procedure with one small change: summon pet, send pet to attack. When the pet strikes a hit send the pet to attack another mob, when the pet hits the other mob, unsummon pet, run back and summon pet back and quickly send pet to attack.
Venos with light or heavy armour are better at this because of their higher physical defense so they can tank the mob. Or if you are lucky enough, you can critic hit the mob. If there are only two mobs together and any other around, it also works to attack the mob the pet is attacking so the pet finishes the mob and continues the next one. Some venos just AoE first and then kill the mob while pet finishes the first mob.

III. Tabs and FBs information!!!!!!

Many noobs get tabs for something they don’t know what it is and go to the den of rabid wolfs, which is the first Fb, to die. Fbs are dungeons you get every 10 levels starting from lvl19, with the exception of Fb51. Fb51 is better to do at lvl53 when you will have finally all the quests that involve the Fb. SO it goes like this: Fbs 19, 29, 39, 49, 51, 59, 69…You get the idea.. So if you get tabs at those levels is better to find a good squad. Also, the Fbs require a spiritual cultivation you have to do before getting tabs. After finishing Fb19, you will get a weapon from the elder, which glows blue and is strong and you will like it. At higher levels, the spiritual cultivation will ask you to kill bosses you will of course need an squad for. Like jewelscalen, is boss that can easily one hit >.> and most bosses will have AoE attacks and also, most mobs have magic attacks.So if you use robes…good. In some other later Fbs such as 69, even though you get a tab for it, you don't get the other two until you hit 70 (Thanks Angelle). Also there are the HH quests, which are also dungeons. Venos can solo this with a good tank…a very good tank…like a herc, . A veno with a herc can get rich inside HH. The HH can be taken in solo mode or squad mode. Squad mode is harder and is important a tank (barb) and a good cleric. I did solo mode with a veno friend and my lvl54 shadou cub. We both healed the same pet so everything went right. And yes, venos can heal other veno’s pets.

IV. Screen explanation

For people without time or those that hate to read the instructions. Is as simple as this:
Top left is your character, the HP bar and MP bar. Afterwards a yellow bar will appear bellow the mp bar. This yellow bar is “chi”, and you will need it for some skills. Also, your pet bar with its loyalty and HP will appear below the chi bar. Bottom left is the chat screen, no need to explain how it works I hope. Top right is the mini map where you can see some buttons. The green arrow is to look for coordinates and the “M” button is to look at the big map. This two are best combination to look for quests. Bottom right you will see like the menu o.0 there you can exit and stuff, that’s why is the menu. So you just have to press quests button and then “find quest” button to…find quests >.> …It will give you the name of the npc and coordinates. Have fun with that.

V. Venomancers flying
Untamed race can’t fly. Humans either, so don’t get sad. Only elves can fly at lvl1. The untamed race and humans will get a quest at lvl30 to be able to fly, so as a veno you will get a wave pacer (flying mount). Nvm. You will have to walk and jump a lot till then.

VI. Small "you and your pet info" and your skills for pet (healing, taming, etc).

All races can have pets. Venos use pets to attack and at the same time tank, but other races can only have “baby pets” (They just follow players and dont attack) and this is another reason why venos can get rich easily. Who doesn’t want a cute pet following you everywhere: P a veno makes a baby pet, sells it and money to pocket, yay!!
The first levels are so easy that if you create another veno you can level till lvl10 in one day. The point is, if you use this to your advantage and level killing lvl1 and lvl2 mobs outside city and get till lvl4 (that takes like 10 to 20 mins), you will get a quest from the pet skill trainer at level 3 to get a pet. Ignore it -.- . Just level to lvl4 and then go for your pet. There are 2 options to choose from: a wolf (higher physical defense) or a scorpion (higher physical attack). To level pet fast just try buying oil to increase loyalty fast and then buy pure water to feed pet after loyalty is maxed. Pet loyalty maxed= pet attacks better and gains more exp, meaning levels faster and is easier to quest. Then you do the quest to get your armour and the gate quest if you want, and then all the quests you didn’t do from lvl1 to lvl4 ^.^ . This will level you faster :3 Remember to use your attribute points. Your first skill will be venomous scarab and you get fox form (you can’t change armour or weapons in fox form) at lvl9 together with ironwood scarab.

Before entering into skills…

After getting your first pet you will get two books you have to take to the pet skill trainer and then just learn the skills. The books will disappear but don’t freak out, it works like that. Now you can heal pet and revive pet in case it dies. There is also another skill you get after a quest given by the pet skill trainer at lvl7. It will give you the tame pet skill. The names say exactly what they do so no explanations here. BTW, don’t max tame, because it seems it doesn’t matter the lvl of the skill but before taming a mob, is important it has less than half of the HP bar. DON’T MAX IT!! Is not important unless you want to get rare pets, in which case it comes handy the time difference in channelling, because you won’t be the only veno around that wants to tame the rare pet. It seems venos that have maxed this skill can tame full health mobs. So don’t max it unless you want to tame a lot (Thanks to Dystery). You can max heal, it is very important. And yes, you can max revive if you want. A higher lvl revive wastes less mana and takes less time to revive the pet. A maxed revive if you can. After maxing it, it takes 3 secs channelling and a lvl1 revive takes 12 secs. Beautiful difference.
...on to PT.6
Back to top Go down
Rishawyn
Admin
Rishawyn

Character sheet

Guide time!!(PWI) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guide time!!(PWI)   Guide time!!(PWI) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:28 am

...PT.6

VI. Skill stuff (I’ll put the skill’s status when maxed and some commentaries from the other venos. Point is to max what you need the most):

o For mage venos

1. Venomous scarab: Throw a virulent parasite at the enemy. Deals Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 966.0. (Fast coldown so is good if you get into trouble. Imagine for example you’re killing a mob; your pet died, not time to revive and just used 2 skills with a long cold down and can’t use them again for some more secs. Is better to spam this skill and kill the mob before it kills you. ).

2. Ironwood Scarab: Throw a splinted bug at the enemy inflicting Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 300% of weapon damage plus 1327.7. Reduces enemy's physical defense by 30% for 10 seconds. (basically, is good to lower the enemy’s defense for pet to do more dmg :3 and also it takes a good amount of the enemy’s hp)

3. Lucky scarab: Sling-shot a sharp stone covered with viral plauges at the enemy, inflicting Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 3416.9. Has a 95% chance to stun target for 2.0 seconds. (is like only stun in mage veno mode, but is great at saving your life. Burns a lot of mp)

4. Noxious gas: A large disease ridden toxic parasite attacks the target causing it and all enemies 9.0 meters around it to suffer Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 200% of weapon damage plus 1501.4. Enemies will also suffer 1501.4 Wood damage over 9 seconds. (AoE skill. This skill takes a long channelling, but is useful when you are doing long runs in an Fb and the tank attracts too many mobs. My friend uses it to pk on noobs x3)

5. Bramble guard: Cast a bramble shield of protection on a friendly target. Returns 60% of melee damage to attackers. Lasts 10 minutes. (Useful to cast on tanks before killing a boss, better percentage of surviving. And as it says, reflects 60% of physical attacks directed at you)

6. Parasitic nova: Summon a toxic parasite array to attack the target and all enemies in a 12.0 meter radius around the target. Inflicts Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 300% of weapon damage plus 4564.9. Has a 67% chance to make them chaotic for 8.0 seconds, in which they are unable to move or attack. (another AoE skill)

7. Summer sprint: Accompanied by flowers, character's movement speed increases by 35% for 5 minutes. (Is good to run from a boss that follows you because you accidentally went too close x3 …actually is really useful, seriously. And is good to run fast, because veno’s normal speed is slow. Useful like you’ve got no idea).

8. Soul transfusion: Instantly exchange HP and MP values. Each transfusion costs at most 100 Chi.

9. Metabolic boost: Recovers 50% of maximum HP. (if you don’t get why you need this one … >.>).

10. Nature’s grace: Recovers 50% of maximum MP.

11. Lending hand: Transfer one Spark to target. (If you have an spark to lend, it does. Is useful when a tank needs chi for all the buffs and to attack the boss without restrictions).

12. Wood mastery: Increases Wood magic damage by 20%. (This will increase the wood damage on your skills).

Lots of venos agree in this part:
Blazing scarab, just get it but no need to max it. 1 is because if your pet has flesh ream.
And 2 is because you will just kill the mob before the skill even acts twice. Is a DoT skill (Damage Over Time).
Is useful for long fights, though (thanks Tearvalerin)
Frost scarab: almost the same reason as blazing. DoT skills aren’t that useful when killing mobs.

Also, I triedbramble hood lvl1 and asked an archer friend to attack me while I had it on. Normally it takes him 3 shots to finish me, but this time 4 shots finished with half of my HP bar. So is killer in PvP. You’re fighting a BM, you cast bramble hood and pet attacking + you attacking+ damage made by the BM and reflects back equals to cya BM.

o If you are going for fox form veno:

1. Fox form: Transform into a werefox. Physical defense increases by 120%, accuracy increases by 200%, and maximum MP falls by 20%. Allows werefox skills to be used. (Kind of obvious you should max it).

2. Stunning blow: Strike the enemy with a stunning blow, inflicting base physical damage plus 2332.3. A successful hit freezes the enemy for 8.0 seconds. (Is a paralyze skill. They can’t move for 8 secs as it says, but can still attack you if they are in range)

3. Leech: Strike the enemy with a leech attack, inflicting base physical damage plus 2291.3. Has an 80% chance to steal 600 HP. (well >.> you get it)

4. Purge: Remove all positive effects on the target.

5. Amplify damage: Curse the target, making it take 20% more damage for 20.0 seconds.
At any time an enemy may only be affected by one curse.

6. Malefic crush: A malefic strike to enemies within 8 meters around you. Inflicts base physical damage plus 5228.3, and burns 1600 Mana over 9 seconds. (AoE physical attack)

7. Melee mastery: Gain additional 120% weapon damage in Werefox form.

Note: Even if you are a mage veno, it is good idea to max melee mastery so your fox form attacks will be better and also fox form skill. Skills in fox form are useful and some are necessary. For example: cursing an enemy and lower defense is great. And the leech skill steals HP of the enemy :3

oAlso a tip to use these 3 skills in mage veno form: Metabolic boost, Nature’s grace and soul transfusion.
1. You have less than half mp and full Hp bar. You can just directly use soul Trans and then metabolic boost. This will make you have full mp bar and the recover your half hp bar with metabolic.
2. If you have half in both just use nature for mp and metabolic for hp.
3. having again less than half mp bar and full hp. Just try to fill up the mp bar with nature's grace, then use metabolic boost. Like this you don’t need pots and can keep killing without need of wasting money. Heiros (Mp and Hp charms…if you have money and want instant hp or mp, get one).

VIII. Pet info. Rare pets, legendary pets, normal pets.

Rare pet info from a great veno friend:
Pets are listed Lowest to Highest lvl.
Spawn Times are all PST/Server Time for LC Spawn time is every 12hours.

Pet Name________Lvl________Coords
Frogling________Lvl9________240,550 and 196,513
Tabby________Lvl20________362,960 and 397,619
Shadou Cub________Lvl20________200 452 and 288,458
Flying Piggy________Lvl30________403,643 Height 36
Cuddly Pup________Lvl40________315,752 and 299,764
Kowlin________Lvl60________462,427
Armored Bear________Lvl80________672,633

Normal Spawn time: Exactly 5hours after Server Maintenance. So 5am pst/5pm pst .
With people catching and killing throughout the week the times get boosted up even an hour depending on when caught or killed. If it doesn’t spawn exactly on the hour wait up to an hour if you can.

Kowlins are as fast (10.4m/s), making them good pets to lure and have lvl4 flesh ream.
Shadou cubs are physical tanks. They come with an stun of 3 secs :3
Frogs are good “magic tankers”.
Cuddly puppies have good attack status but low physical def. but they are fast too (9.4 m/s) and can be used to lure.

Phoenix and hercs
They are legendary pets. You get a phoenix with 9999 feathers and a herc, with 9999 source of force. You get feathers and SoF from other players. If you have luck and money, buy pet packs with gold, they give from 15 to 50 (if I remember correctly) of either feathers or SoF.
A phoenix is great at PvP (Player vs. Player), making up to 4k dmg and has 8k physical def. at lvl1. Hercs, totally great at PvE (Player vs. Enviroment)are the best pet tanks mainly because of their skills. One of its skill reflects physical damage, so it can tank mobs and you can attack them back while the skill is on. Mobs get damage because the skill “reflects” it, and you can heal pet without getting aggro directed at you. The maximum amount of mobs I heard they can tank is 4 mobs. A phoenix has 10k magic def. and a herc 7k, both at lvl one. Phoenix and herc have the same amount of physical defense. There’s always a fight between which one to get first.

Most venos have Golems. They are the big rocky pets you see running real slow. Only good thing about them is their physical def. they can easily tank. They are “safe pets”.

Antelopes are good “magic tankers”.

Water mobs….BEST water mobs are turtles. Never get a mermaidian or something similar because they die so fast that if you blink you are also dead >.> Turtles can hold aggro, unlike some undines and other water mobs.
Another normal pet that a lot of venos noticed they can’t hold aggro are foxwings. This rosy and some green fox can’t really hold aggro from a mob and much less of two mobs. Is a constant “heal heal heal”. Sawflies have decent magical and physical defense.

You get rid of your pet going to the pet skill trainer and select “revert pet to egg” option. If you have an egg, do the same thing but press “hatch pet egg”, instead. You get pet skills scrolls, pet skill book (max a skill up one lvl) and pet collars (name pets) at Ms. Zoologist in archosaur.

You will get quests by the pet skills trainer to increase the pet bag capacity. She will ask for different objects in this order:
1. 20 hay: Hay can be found by killing Highlands Tortoises in the river east of Broken Bridge Village, Abysmal Turtles in the river east of City of the Lost, Megalith Rhinodrake (level 23) south west of Archosaur, Antelope Pups (level 30) around Silver Pool, the Carapests over the river west of Plume City. Hay has a relatively low drop rate, so it might take a while.
2. 50 fruits: These can drop from Pterosaurs (level 33-40), Cloudthrust Vipent Form (level 40), or the Premolar Generals near Angler's Village. [The drop rate is around 12% for fruit from the lvl 40 mobs mentioned so farming Fruit will also be a slow]
3. 100 fungus: this is dropped by lvl50+ mobs. One mob is Abyssal Thunderfins lvl59 mobs in the endless sea.

But you can spend gold or buy from other players: a cage (increases pet bag capacity to one slot).

Look here: http://www.ecatomb.net/petstat.php
...for pet status. If you wonder about the different golems. Fashion. Skills and build simulator. this is a good page to wander. Remember to select the "PWI" mode.
...on to PT.7
Back to top Go down
Rishawyn
Admin
Rishawyn

Character sheet

Guide time!!(PWI) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guide time!!(PWI)   Guide time!!(PWI) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:30 am

...PT.7

Clerc

Class: Cleric
Level: 30 GENERAL BUILD TACTIC
Add points to magic, add only enough points to STR in order to be able to equip
Current build reccomendation your armor, don’t bother with Vit.
Bitmap
Why not bother with vit? If you follow a Hybrid build, sooner or later you will
be missing out on about 20% of your maximum potential damage.
Also, each point in VIT gives you 10 HP, so 20 PTS in vit is only 200 HP, and with
poor defence, your HP will be gone in a matter of seconds. But extra magic
damage allways helps, especially since you will be able to 1hit people when you are lvl 80+

LVL STR VIT DEX MAG STAT SUMMARY GOAL STR Base magic calculation formula
30 18 25 5 112 Current Level (1+(MAG/100))*(level+equipment magic attack)
31 25 5 117
32 19 25 5 121 S mag = magic
33 20 25 5 125 S level = player level
34 21 25 5 129 S base magic attack = sum of all magic damage items (rings, wearpons, bonuses, etc)
35 22 25 5 133 S
36 23 25 5 137 S
37 24 25 5 141 S 24 Pure MAGE v.s. HYBRID
38 24 25 5 146 Pure Mage: ALL points go into MAG (except enougth str to equip armor)
39 24 25 5 151
40 25 25 5 155 S Old build:
41 26 25 5 159 S I assume you were going to add points to vit, which would take away from your
42 27 25 5 163 S PVP maximum ability, let me show you by graphs what I mean
43 28 25 5 167 S
44 29 25 5 171 S Let's assume that you were going to have another 30 levels to VIT
45 30 25 5 175 S 30 so that at lvl 77 you would have 55VIT/288MAG
46 30 25 5 180
47 30 25 5 185 Just weapon damage (on average)
48 30 25 5 190 Weapon: 650 m.damage (average)
49 30 25 5 195 .=(1+(288/100))*(77+560)
50 31 25 5 199 S 2471.56 Damage (Base)
51 32 25 5 203 S
52 33 25 5 207 S 33 Now, Current build
53 33 25 5 212 lvl 77, 318 magic, 25vit
54 33 25 5 217 .=(1+(318/100))*(77+560)
55 33 25 5 222 2662.66 Damage (Base)
56 34 25 5 226 S
57 35 25 5 230 S 35 *Note, these are really low valusea, as I
58 35 25 5 235 am NOT including any bonuses
59 35 25 5 240
60 35 25 5 245 So, as you can see, you have a higher DMG
61 35 25 5 250 by about 250
62 36 25 5 254 S
63 37 25 5 258 S Comparison
64 38 25 5 262 S
65 39 25 5 266 S Your Build (1) New Build (2)
66 40 25 5 270 S VIT 55 25
67 41 25 5 274 S 41 MAG 288 318
68 41 25 5 279 Damage 2472 2663
69 41 25 5 284 Bitmap
70 41 25 5 289
71 41 25 5 294
72 41 25 5 299
73 41 25 5 304
74 42 25 5 308 S
75 43 25 5 312 S
76 45 25 5 314 S
77 46 25 5 318 S 46
78 … 25 5 …
79 … 25 5 …
80 … 25 5 … 56** for best weap
* Bolded values say that you have to add 1 STR to equip your equip
*GOAL is the strength you need to wield the most powerful weapon
for the level

Skills

PVP Skills
Physical Damage

Plume Shot This will be your main attack throughout the lower levels, so I advise you to max it. Only
when the benefits of Metal Mastery start showing at around 60+, Plume Shot will slowly disappear from
your grinding combo, but due to its very low casting time, it will still be invaluable in PvP against magic
classes.
Magic Damage

Great Cyclone Good damage, very fast casting – your main attack in all levels. Get it to 10 as soon as
possible, it will allow you to kite mobs (slow-down effect) and deal great DPS at the same time.

Thunderball Your only DoT skill, which won’t show its full power until much later. Useless in PvP, but
absolutely necessary in PvE to replace Plume Shot against wood type mobs. Set it aside until you’ve
maxed Spirit’s Gift, Elemental Seal and Plume Shot / Great Cyclone.

Wield Thunder Your best spell ever. Get it immediately once it becomes available, and do always keep
it maxed for your level. Its enormous damage compared to your standard nukes makes it invaluable in
every situation, may it be PvE or PvP.

Tempest The spell that will strike fear into the faces of your enemies. Even though it uses 2 spark, it will
allow you to 1 hit almost every class in PvP when they’re properly debuffed. Unfortunately, it’s very
expensive to level, both money and SP wise, so I advise you to set it aside until 70+ unless you’re a very
PvP oriented player.

Debuffs
Elemental Seal Your most used debuff in PvP as well as in PvE in the later levels. Get it once Spirit’s
Gift and Metal Mastery are at a fairly high level.

Dimensional Seal Great debuff against magic metal or fire element mobs, since you are going to defeat
those with Plume Shot. Get it when you have Elemental Seal maxed.

Chromatic Seal An absolutely mandatory debuff to level. It can sleep your enemy for up to 33.6 seconds
at level 10, which gives you plenty of opportunities in every fight: healing yourself, debuffing the enemy,
escaping from mobs or taking aggro off someone else. Get it as soon as you can
*These are the skills I recommend,

Sorry, I can't Really think of anything else, and I have no idea what else to even think about
The only thing I can say is this build will be REALLY expensive, and that you should focus
on your attack skills BEFORE your buff skills, and totally forget about the party buff skills
and just have skills that will benefit you, remember, since this is a FULL PVP cleric, it is not
a support class, but rather a nuker that can 1hit most enemies
...on to PT.8
_________
EDIT:oh god,these weren't meant to be phone numbers,but START POINTS O-O XDD ..so if it shows ur as a phone number,ignore it and look for the digits only
EDIT2:-_- i found NO way to fix that..srry o_o
Back to top Go down
Rishawyn
Admin
Rishawyn

Character sheet

Guide time!!(PWI) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guide time!!(PWI)   Guide time!!(PWI) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:35 am

...PT.8
Archer

Class: Archer Special Detailed Notes
Build: Pure Dex Build + Very high crit rate (<30 %), very high evasion
(good) High damage output and great PVP, especially
Before we begin, a few things you should know against magic and great against fleeing targets
1) This guide is for a pure attack archer, that, will be able Build - Low HP, hard to play as fisrt, especially PVP
to equip every light armor/ and xbow for the level (bad) and lack of good starting abilities make you
2) Will be somewhat lacking in HP and VIT, but will have useless at low levels, have to use a run-and-gun
Highest Crit/Dodge/Hit rate, All the benefits will be posted tactic, in close combat you are dead

Level by Level Summery PTS +++ * Special ** (armor) * Points to add to stat AT level
Level DEX STR VIT MAG ** Limit: You MUST have this
1 5 5 5 5 n/a Can't add any many pts in STR to use all
2 9 6 5 5 S weapons and armor for level
3 13 7 5 5 S
4 17 8 5 5 S NOTE
5 21 9 5 5 S You are probably wondering why there
6 25 10 5 5 S is an s in every PTS+++? Well it is simple.
7 29 11 5 5 S Since you are a light armor wearer, you
8 33 12 5 5 S need minimal STR to wear it, but you
9 37 13 5 5 S still need STR nevertheless, and
10 41 14 5 5 S 14 the armor requirements are fixed. You
11 45 15 5 5 S ABSOLUTELY need the str based on:
12 49 16 5 5 S strREQ=(level+4)
13 53 17 5 5 S So, for example, if you wat to wear
14 57 18 5 5 S the level 70 armor…..
15 61 19 5 5 S strREQ=(70+4) = 74 STR req
16 65 20 5 5 S This stays true for all NOT unique
17 69 21 5 5 S armors (not TT or Legendary)
18 73 22 5 5 S But if you add +1 STR each level you will
19 77 23 5 5 S be able to equip every armor/weapon
20 81 24 5 5 S 24 avalible in the game.
21 85 25 5 5 S
22 89 26 5 5 S Why not VIT
23 93 27 5 5 S At first it looks like a good idea to invest
24 97 28 5 5 S in your VIT points, however this is
25 101 29 5 5 S somewhat useless at higher levels.
26 105 30 5 5 S Each point in vit adds 10 HP to your max
27 109 31 5 5 S and is very useful at lower levels, but
28 113 32 5 5 S takes away from your maximum attack,
29 117 33 5 5 S crit rate, donge rate, and overall damage
30 121 34 5 5 S 34 I will go over the damage reduction in
31 125 35 5 5 S the follwing notes.
32 129 36 5 5 S
33 133 37 5 5 S But I want VIT
34 137 38 5 5 S Okay, I do agree that VIT is useful, BUT
35 141 39 5 5 S It will only backfire on you at higher
36 145 40 5 5 S levels, and you will be cussing on how
37 149 41 5 5 S it is not helping you at all. Depending
38 153 42 5 5 S on how much VIT you invest in, will
39 157 43 5 5 S result in how much damage you drop.
40 161 44 5 5 S 44 By having JUST enough dex/str to equip
41 165 45 5 5 S all armor/s weapons you loose a LOT of
42 169 46 5 5 S your potential damage, anywhere from
43 173 47 5 5 S 18-30+% of your maximum damage will
44 177 48 5 5 S be lost for some 600 bonus HP that will
45 181 49 5 5 S fly away in a matter of a few hits because
46 185 50 5 5 S archers are not tanks; BUT if you want to
47 189 51 5 5 S have a small boost at the lower levels,
48 193 52 5 5 S invest a few points in VIT (take away
49 197 53 5 5 S from dex), then as you see VIT loosing
50 201 54 5 5 S 54 any noticible benefits, you can use a
51 205 55 5 5 S reset note to drop it down and reinvest
52 209 56 5 5 S in DEX, if you have the money for it
53 213 57 5 5 S
54 217 58 5 5 S Why is PURE DEX right for you?
55 221 59 5 5 S Pure dex is hard to start off with, you will
56 225 60 5 5 S die, a lot, and then some more (unless
57 229 61 5 5 S you invest in VIT, but read the above)
58 233 62 5 5 S But what is so good about it? Well I shall
59 237 63 5 5 S Tell you. Evasion/Crit and your Damage
60 241 64 5 5 S 64 are all affected by DEX, especially CRIT
61 245 65 5 5 S When you start, you have 1% crit chance
62 249 66 5 5 S and that is nothing? But how about a 36%
63 253 67 5 5 S Crit rate? Each shot has roughly 1/2.75
64 257 68 5 5 S chance of a crit. Rounded up, each shot
65 261 69 5 5 S has a more than a 1/3 chance to hit, and
66 265 70 5 5 S each hit, especially skill-wise will do
67 269 71 5 5 S massive damage to your opponent.
68 273 72 5 5 S Evasion is also vital, but not as much.
69 277 73 5 5 S Basically evasion is your solution for
70 281 74 5 5 S 74 weak armor; if you can't take it, dodge it.
71 285 75 5 5 S So, who needs VIT when you will be able
72 289 76 5 5 S to 1-hit everything, both PVP and PVE
73 293 77 5 5 S Also, the formula for Crit rate:
74 297 78 5 5 S Crit=(dex/10)
75 301 79 5 5 S For example, for a dex of 300
76 305 80 5 5 S Crit =(300/10) =30% Crit rate
77 309 81 5 5 S
78 313 82 5 5 S How do I build a PURE DEX build?
79 317 83 5 5 S Simple, for an at-level build, one that can
80 321 84 5 5 S 84 use every crossbow/light armor (level
81 325 85 5 5 S permitting) all you have to do is:
82 329 86 5 5 S Each Level: DEX +4 / STR +1
83 333 87 5 5 S
84 337 88 5 5 S What about MAGIC?
85 341 89 5 5 S Sure, if you have great spells like
86 345 90 5 5 S Imaginary Fireball' and 'Turn-me-into-a-
87 349 91 5 5 S cleric' then go ahead, otherwise, MAGIC
88 353 92 5 5 S for Archers is useless, don’t waste points
89 357 93 5 5 S on it ever
90 361 94 5 5 S 94 Also, click this link

Skills
In this section I will describe some of the skills, Please onte, only skills that are good will be described, don’t bother leveling the other
skills unless they are a prerequisite for another skill (needed for the skill underneath), in that case leave it at level 1, further leveling
will only cost you Spirit and Money, and slow the leveling of other skills due to the lack of spirit and money. If you have already
Maxed all your other skills, then go for maxing these, otherwise, focus on what is imoortant. Note: This is more towards PVP

Bonuses
This section contains passive skills that are quite useful to an archer, you should max them out as soon as possible

Bow mastery Increases Bow damage (passive)
Winged blessing Increases range (passive)
Blazing Arrow Self-Buff, increases damage (buff)

Self Benefit Skills
This section contains skills that benefit you

Wings of grace Makes you immune to stun and slow, very needed in PVP
Winged Shell Defense buff, it reduces damage taken and increases mana regen
Wings of protection Makes you faster, this is good for pvp so you can run away and attack

PVP Offensive Skills
Skills that work best on killing your enemies

Ranged Most of your skills will be ranged, but you have mele skills so I have added two sections

stun skills Frost Arrow Slows the enemy down, and will give you more time to attack before you have to run away and repeat
Stunning Arrow Stuns character, another very useful skill, see Stunning arrow
Aim low Freezes enemy in place, then you can pummel them with skills and criticals ^_^
Knockback Arrow DON’T USE IN PVP, WILL NOT WORK! (knocks target back) Click this link to see how useful it is in PVP
Only good in PVE (very useful in PVE)

AOE Sharp Tooth Arrow Best AOE you have, Reduces HP or enemies in half
Thunderous Blast The only other useful AOE for PVP, does metal damage

Attack Skills Thunder Shock Metal Damage, Reduces resistance against metal, does metal damage
Lightning Strike Use after thunder shock, causes metal damage
Deadly Shot A super powerful attack, long cast time, but tremendous damage output
Quickshot A weak skill, but can hit an enemy multiple times, making it mildly effective
Take Aim Pretty bad skill, long cast time, low damage
The rest Are either too costly (use a lot of sparks) or cause a weak DOT (damage/time) use at own risk

Mele When fighint mele with a bow, you suffer a 50% damage debuff, therefore to compensate for this, you can use
these mele skills to do some minor damage. You wont go head to head with a barb with this but it's a quick way
out of a dangerous situation, when used properly (Like if your enemy is close, and your skills havent cooled)

Winged Span and Winged Pledge Same thing realatively speaking, a simple mele attack. THIS IS NOT YOUR
PRIMARY ATTACK, you are not a mele fighter.

Finale

On that note, the only thing that is left is the PVP battle itself. This will depend on many factors: Level, Class, Armor

PVP Difficulty Chart Bitmap

Class
Mage Tank Scout
Heavy 1 10 3
Light 3 8 7
Arcane 7 1 1

Tank: BM/BARB
Scout: Archer
Mage: Wizard/Veno/Cleric

Easy Moderate Hard
1 3 7 8 10

PVP
here i will give u a few helpful tips on how to use ur archer against other classes in pvp. (it is always a good idea to have a hp charm equiped)

Arcane Armor- Regshots, stuns (aim low and stunning arrows), spark eruption... (stuns and physical attacks)
Light Armor-stuns, non elemental attacks, spark eruption, and reg attacks.
Heavy Armor- if they have a charm (which they most likely do) trigger their charm before you unload your most powerful attacks... this is a good combo to do once you have tiggered their charm. Thunger shock, Lightning strike, Thunder blast, mele abilities (wing span and winged pledge) and then run to keep distance from them. (stuns, metal attacks, run to keep distance.)
...on to PT.9
Back to top Go down
Rishawyn
Admin
Rishawyn

Character sheet

Guide time!!(PWI) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guide time!!(PWI)   Guide time!!(PWI) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:36 am

...PT.10

PVP/PK Archer/Wizard guide

-click hire-

PVP/PK Archer guide

-click hire-

Soulstone guide

-click hire-

International Teleport Map

-click hire-

Questions and Answers n00b guide (:

-click hire-

sorry if this isnt something u were looking for,i was just trying to help and i worked hard ^-^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guide time!!(PWI) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guide time!!(PWI)   Guide time!!(PWI) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guide time!!(PWI)
Page 1 of 1